Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Back to the Grind

I think it finally just set in that I'm a senior in college. This isn't something I thought I was going to be able to say considering my history. Right out of high school I was talked into going to this school I had no interest in. Friends of my mom worked at the school, they said it was a good school and I would be well taken care of. Fast forward to 6 months after I've been enrolled: switched majors twice, had a breakdown thanks to the stress of dealing with the jerk I was dating at the time. So I packed up and left that school. Apparently departments don't communicate well because they had no clue I was gone until 3 months after I'd left. Mind you my mom and I went through the process of filling out all the necessary paperwork for me to leave the school.

Took some time off and decided to go to culinary school. That was a mistake. I have no desire to live that kind of hectic lifestyle. Missing birthdays,  holidays, not being able to spend time with your family. I struck out with my first two schools so when I started at Kaplan I decided I'd do everything to make sure this wouldn't be strike 3. Which is why I'm so happy I've made it this far and the finish line is getting closer every day. My expected graduation date is 12/24/13....now that's what I call a Merry Christmas!

Anyways, I've started working ahead a little on my first project which looks like it'll be a doozy. Should be an interesting semester though. I've got great professors again and that makes seminars so much better. Plus the topics are really interesting, domestic violence and organized crime. Well time for me to get some work done. I'll try not to be too scarce but school comes first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....