Pinterest Verification

Monday, February 4, 2013

Manic Monday

Well now that was an interesting Superbowl. I'm not a huge fan of Beyonce, I like a few of her songs, but DAMN that's what I call a halftime show!! Much better than Madonna's performance. Now I see why people pay those ridiculous ticket prices to watch her perform. Now I saw a ton of posts on Facebook where people were whining and crying about how her performance wasn't kid friendly and the commercials weren't kid friendly. Apparently these people have either never watched a Superbowl from beginning to end, or somehow magically keep forgetting one simple point. The Superbowl isn't about children. There are no Elmo commercials, you don't see any toy commercials during the Superbowl. You see beer commercials.....and why....because the Superbowl is for grown adults. Those commercials aren't made for children, they're made for grown adults. The halftime show isn't made for children you don't see The Wiggles out in midfield, it's made for grown adults! Yes plenty of people watch the Superbowl with their children. I've been watching the Superbowl since I was a kid and not once did my mom ever complain about the commercials or halftime show not being kid-friendly. Some people need a serious reality check on who the audience is for the Superbowl. Or you know what......if the Superbowl is sooo distasteful then don't watch it. Problem solved!

Halftime show in the books and now it's time to start the second half....but oh.....what's this....
courtesy of http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/8A/206C83F0B231AF999D4CC0BC1358B0_h316_w628_m5_cGWccNOwW.jpg
Mmkay we've got ourselves a power outage and 34 minutes later the game continues. Poor Kaepernick they tried so hard and they made a decent comeback. But they got outplayed last night. Since I'm a Steelers fan and the Ravens are the enemy I was hoping for a 49ers win last night. But I'm woman enough to admit they outplayed the 49ers last night. And if I had just been a member of the team who just won the Superbowl I'd be celebrating just like this:

courtesy of http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/articles/ap/2013/02/03/SUPER_BOWL_WATCH_Ravens_win_stop_Niners_surge/_jcr_content/contentpar/articleBody/image.img.jpg
Disney World can wait I'm making confetti angels!! There were some awesome commercials last night though. Have to hand it to them outside of the power outage it was a great game. So here are some of my favorite Superbowl commercials from last night. Which ones do you like?

 
The Budweiser Clydesdale commercial that made me cry

We were cracking up when they showed this one

Has to be the best explanation for where babies come from

 
Leon Sandcastle

 
It was your lucky chair LOL

What do you think did I miss any?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....