Pinterest Verification

Friday, December 14, 2012

Moments of Productivity

One of the worst parts of having an anxiety disorder is being able to function. Normal worries like bills are one thing. When I have my to-do list on a 24 hr loop through my head, it tends to get super annoying. I get up with a plan to be Little Miss Productive and my brain decides it wants to be no help at all. Say I need to work on a project. I open my laptop, start doing research and then BOOM distraction pops in. A need to check my email, or a response to a post on Facebook, or whatever. Before you know it I've got 5 or 6 tabs open bouncing between them trying to do a million things at one time.

Funny Encouragement Ecard: There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are supposed to be doing something else. 

It's not always this bad. I have moments when I start and finish one thing at a time. Like a few minutes ago I was able to run through some research for a PowerPoint I need to make for school before I decided to come make this blog post. My mind isn't always running rampant thankfully. But sometimes just a little distraction is bad enough. I think the biggest reason things have been getting better is because I've started prioritizing things lately.

I make to-do lists constantly. But there used to be no rhyme or reason to them. Just a big old list of stuff I needed to get done. Now I have this to-do list app on my phone that helps keep me organized. I can color code based on priority level, separate lists by category, and set due dates and reminders. So now I don't get upset if I didn't cross everything off in one day. I used to feel like a failure, no matter how much I got done, if I managed to have just one thing still needing to be done. It gets to be pretty draining especially when you have other things on your mind. One step at a time.......

2 comments:

  1. Deep breaths my friend and like you said, "One step at a time."

    ReplyDelete

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....