Pinterest Verification

Friday, November 23, 2012

What I'm Thankful For Part 2

I knew I was forgetting to list something when I made my list (What I'm Thankful for Part 1) of what I'm thankful for. But what I forgot didn't pop up until later last night. So allow me to share them:

Separate Bathrooms
There's nothing more frustrating than being stuffed from a Thanksgiving feast and needed to spend some quality time in the bathroom. And if you have a house full of stuffed people, the line gets pretty long. Unless you have a second bathroom. OPTIONS ARE BEAUTIFUL! So I am very grateful when there's multiple bathrooms available to cut down on the waiting time. And the fact that they each have air freshener is an added bonus.


Xanax
I've had some issues with sleeping for a while. After my accident I've dealt with some bouts of depression. They didn't last super long, but long enough to make me think maybe I need some therapy. Well before I sprawl on a couch and start crying my sister suggested I start taking something to help calm my brain down so I can sleep. If it worked for her it could work for me. My problem is that the minute my head hits the pillow I have five million thoughts racing like an Amtrak train through my head. Annoying, frustrating, aggravating and sleep depriving. Usually takes me about 1-2 hours to fall asleep, on my really bad nights 3 hours. I get even more pissed off when I finally fall asleep and then a half hour later I wake up for some reason and have to start all over again. But with the help of low dose Xanax I finally slept peacefully and didn't wake up feeling like a hot mess for once. Thank you modern medicine.

Courtesy of: http://www.productivitygoal.com/uploads/sleeping_clipart-thumb.JPG

Online Shopping
There are two times a year I refuse to set foot into a store, Black Friday and Christmas Eve. Don't get me wrong those Black Friday deals are awesome. But those people are batshit crazy! Between the ones who camp outside for days to the ones who mob the stores like a zombie horde. It's just all types of ridiculousness. There's no order or rules it's every man for themselves. Those people with start brawls over a toy because they have lost their damn minds when it comes to a good deal. Me, I'll stay home in my pjs and wait for Cyber Monday and shop from the comfort of my home.

Look at that hot mess uh uh not going to jail for starting a UFC fight in the store

4 comments:

  1. Girl! You hit the bathroom on the head! Woohoo!! I'm thankful for 2 bathrooms simply for the fact I like to go squat when I know the hubs has to go and I make him go to the spare bathroom! haha

    I have trouble sleeping as well. I'm a very light sleeper and I, like you, have a gazillion thoughts running through my head. I use melatonin to help me out which is all natural. Have you tried that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've tried that and Valerian root and they didn't work well for me. I was half awake and my mind was still going. This was like last resort area because I've tried all natural and sleeping pills. Either I fell asleep and woke up feeling weird or I couldn't completely fall asleep.

      Delete
  2. I'm always wary of sleep aids (and medicine in general), but I'm happy it's helping you! Sometimes we have to bite the bullet and let doctors do their job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too thrilled about adding another medication considering how much I'm already on for my back. But I do love the peace that comes with my brain getting quiet so I can finally sleep.

      Delete

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....