Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Shipping and Receiving

The older I get the more I understand why people prefer to buy things online. There are some things I feel have to be bought in store though. Laptops, TVs....big electronics purchases in general. But, for the other stuff I can just stay home in my pjs (enjoying the comforts of being bra-less....seriously is there anything better than not having an over the shoulder boulder holder on) with my feet propped up on the sofa and my laptop on my lap. I'm one of those people who can't go into a store and buy one thing. It seems like it's physically impossible for me. If I'm there for girly products I usually leave with snacks, some random item and one or two things I forgot to get the last time I was there.

And don't even get me started on how bad it is when I go into a Barnes & Noble. Bookstores are like crack to me. Can't just get a book....NOOOOOO...that would be too sensible. I leave with a bag of books. Most of them I haven't gotten around to reading yet. Well, okay, 95% of the books I have at home I haven't read yet because I have so damn many of them. I wasn't kidding when I said I want bookshelves that reach from floor to ceiling FILLED with books like in Beauty & the Beast.

My shopping habits tend to result in me having tired hands, sore shoulders, and an angry back because I have so many bags. Can't walk normal either, end of shuffle/waddling swaying from side to side looking like a bag lady. Soooo online shopping eliminates all that. The biggest down side to online shopping is the shipping part. We've already gone over how I don't want to drag all that stuff home with me and end of exhausted. So everything gets shipped to me. Then comes the waiting and the stalking.

If you've ever had anything shipped you know the routine. First email says your order was processed. Next one says it was shipped and you get that lovely tracking number. Then the stalking starts. I am obsessive about that. I will constantly refresh the page until it says "Out for delivery." Typically it always says it will arrive by "end of day", well what the hell does that mean. I thought end of day meant by 5pm-6pm. Since that's what time my packages usually showed up, if not some time right after I've woken up and haven't had caffeine yet. But according to UPS "end of day" means by 7pm or later depending on how busy the driver is. Sometime after 7pm I received my new textbook for the upcoming semester and a ginormous box. Seriously the thing came up to my knees. Now I know what I ordered, two mugs, so I was expecting a small normal sized box. Nope apparently when uncommongoods.com ships something they take extra precautions to make sure your package gets to you in one piece.

Ok somewhere under all this should be what I ordered.....

Dafuq is that??? ExpandOs....whatever  where's my stuff...


Ok I don't mind that they like to make sure it gets there in one piece, considering it's gifts and not for me. But have you ever seen packaging like that?? I've seen inflatable bags, popcorn and bubble wrap used to cushion and fill in the gaps between box 1 & box 2. But what the hell are those triangle things?? Well whatever they are I'm saving them, and the ginormous box, to use when I pack up my stuff and move since they seem to work so well. I didn't include a picture of what I bought because I don't wanna ruin the surprise. So after Christmas I'll post pics of what all I splurged on for the ones I love and share what came in this ginormous box of weird packing stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....