Pinterest Verification

Friday, November 16, 2012

More Than I Can Chew


Well looks like I finally bit off more than I could chew. See, my original goal when I started this blog was to at least be on here once a day Monday to Friday with a weekend post every once in a while. Well....that hasn't been happening lately because I have way too much going on at one time. Part of it is my fault for trying to fill in the downtime with other things. Like extra classes through Coursera.org, taking on a position in the executive board for one of my groups, fantasy football, and sleep. The extra classes seemed too good to pass up. Certificates for course taught by professors from colleges I've always dreamed of attending. Free classes by the way. But overlapping those classes around my already full class schedule at Kaplan University is becoming a bit much.

Especially when you add in my non computer related obligations. Doctor's appointments, helping out with a fundraiser, spending time with people I care about, sleeping, eating. Something is going to have to give soon, and it looks like first off the chopping block is some of those free classes. Not like I really have to take those anyway. That should free up more of my trapped time.

Also been trying to do some reading for pleasure when I'm not working on things. Which is nice. But I end up staying up until 1 or 2 in the morning because I'm sucked into a book. When you have an anxiety disorder sleep is hard to come by, so staying up isn't helping much. On the bright side I'm making steps to address that so I can worry less about being able to sleep, and actually sleeping. I did have a pretty productive week regardless of how little sleep I've gotten. Went to see my new primary doctor, she's great and for the first time in who knows how long I saw a doctor at my scheduled appointment time. Next couple of weeks I'll be bouncing between doctors and trying to get things done. Getting blood work done to check my iron level, blood sugar, kidneys, liver and something else I think. Appointment with pain management doctor about getting an epidural for my back pain, 50/50 shot of it working. Followup appointments, rinse and repeat.

First on the agenda though.....finishing up final projects.....then I'm having a lazy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....