Pinterest Verification

Monday, November 19, 2012

Down Time!!

So I brought up how ridiculously crammed my schedule has been lately thanks to some super poor planning on my part. What can I say the lure of free classes from some of the top universities in the world was super tempting and I lost my head. Well I cut out some of them and restructured things so I think I have a better balance now. Somehow I managed to get my final projects done for Kaplan and once I take my test on Wednesday (whoever came up for that spelling should've been slapped seriously wed-nes-day whatever!) I will officially be done with this semester!! Looks like two more A's for me yay :-)

I'm also looking at changing schools when I get my bachelors degree next October. The programs I've seen offered at other online schools are really better than the one offered at mine. And the offer classes that will help me develop into a better psychologist or licensed counselor. So now I just have to figure out which one I want to go to.

Now for my readers from the US we all know that this Thursday is a big day. Thanksgiving! Now the meaning behind Thanksgiving I've come to learn is pretty pretty false. But in the past it's come to mean more about being with the ones I love, rather than the story we're told in history class. Plus the food is soooo good!! I can't wait to dive into some turkey and stuffing! Of course there's nothing better than cold turkey sandwiches the next day and reheated stuffing. I'll be wearing sweatpants and a loose shirt so I can get my fill.

Funny Thanksgiving Ecard: My belt is already unbuckled.

In other news.....in a couple weeks we'll be holding a big fundraiser for Jason that little boy I've talked about on here (Jason Heckman). We're getting some great things donated for our Chinese auction from some really great organizations. Now I won't spoil the surprise just yet. You have to wait until after Dec 8th before I roll out the thank you list and reveal who all helped us with this. Let me just say besides the donations, the love and support and well wishes and cards people from all over have sent it has warmed our hearts. Really helps restore your faith in humanity.

4 comments:

  1. I am so ready for a break, I need to get my last few assignments finished then I will get a week off before more classes begin...thank goodness! Best of luck in all you have to finish and finding a program you like! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I learned something very important this semester. I'm never going to be a researcher OMG it's too much of a pain dealing with all that nonsense. It would kind of be cool maybe helping to discover something, but I just don't have it in me to spend all my time writing papers. I'd do better becoming a licensed therapist instead. I hope your final assignments go smoothly!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure you'll embrace your break! That's awesome the semester is ending and you'll have some downtime and a lil R&R. You won't be the only one in sweats on Thanksgiving. Me, the hubs, and Titan probably will be! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to put some music on and get comfy with a book tonight! Haha I'd love to see a picture of Titan in sweats and I'm sure he'd let you put them on him considering he seemed well behaved with the Santa hat.

      Delete

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....