Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Always Something

So last week I brought up how I was waiting for some blood test results my doctor ordered. I'm usually cautiously optimistic when it comes to test results. Considering my recent track record with my back issues, I went in hoping it wouldn't be something serious. Time for a little "good news/you might want to followup on this news."

  • Liver - Good
  • Kidneys - Good
  • Iron levels - Good
  • Blood Sugar - Normal
  • Cholesterol levels - Envy level good (unexpected but thrilling nonetheless)
  • Vitamin D levels - Low....medication prescribed for that (one pill once a week for 3 months)
  • Calcium - Kinda low and need to start taking supplements
After all that my optimism levels skyrocketed. I can deal with taking one pill a week and some daily supplements. No biggie! Then I opened my big fat mouth and told her about my sleeping problems. You see I have an anxiety disorder that set in after my mom died. For years I thought I could deal with it on my own and without medication. I was wrong.

It's gotten to the point where I get somewhere between 2-5 hrs of sleep a night. As soon as my head hits the pillow my mind starts racing. I swear it's like there's a NASCAR race in my head. Hard as I try to tune it all out I just can't get my brain to shut up long enough for me to fall asleep. So I lay there and wait it out until I black out from exhaustion. Of course something usually wakes me up mid-sleep (thank you small bladder) and I have to start the process all over again. Extremely frustrating and exhausting.

I also brought up how it's hard for me to focus when I'm awake too. I'll start working on one thing and within a few minutes I've got 5 browser tabs open and I'm bouncing between things. Which sucks big time when I've got a project to do. Even worse when it's an assignment I don't want to do because it's like my brain is helping me procrastinate. So my doctor suggested I do some in depth talking with my new psychiatrist because she thinks I have Adult ADD.

Say what now?? Yup apparently that could be a reason why my brain feels like it's on random shuffle all the time. Also why I can't sleep. So she gave me something to help me sleep. Next week I have to figure out what my long term goals for therapy are, and you better believe this ADD issue will be HIGH on the list. It's the chicken & the egg approach. Did my anxiety issue cause the ADD or was the anxiety caused by the ADD was never diagnosed. Hmmm.....I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. it's not fun to be like that at all! i have add and anxiety as well which definitely interfere with my life. i hope you get taken care of and start sleepin better, soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last night was the first time I've been able to sleep uninterrupted. I forgot how good that felt! It took a little while, but I could tell it was working when I just drifted off instead of blacking out like I usually do. The ADD would make sense. I think the anxiety disorder might've caused it because I didn't have these problems before unless it's one of those things I've blocked out like a few other things.

      Delete

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....