Pinterest Verification

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Dear NFL Commissioner

I'm going to keep this short and sweet because I have a bunch of things to cross of the to-do list today. Mainly homework and appointments, okay 5% appointments and 95% homework because I'm trying to work ahead. I may have mentioned once or twice about how I'm a sports fan. Well one of my beloved sports is losing it's integrity. Football.....dear sweet football. Greed and stubbornness and seriously sloppy calls ruined what should have been a great game of Monday Night Football. Thanks to the poor calls made my replacement NFL referees something that was clearly an interception was ruled a touchdown. So this message is for Roger Goodell, NFL Commissioner....

Dear Roger Goodell,

Frankly I don't understand what the huge hold up is with the owners settling things with the real referees. This isn't an issue that concerns billions of dollars. And in the end the increase the league would have to make to accommodate the referees really isn't much. As Peter King said, "the difference between the NFL and the refs' union is $3.3 million a year. Well, there are 256 regular season games. The NFL could have the real refs if it forked over an extra $12,891 per game.

That is less than 20 cents for every paying customer."


I can't completely blame the replacement refs because the league and owners put them in a situation they weren't prepared to handle. So please do all NFL fans and players a favor and end this now. Bring back our refs so we can restore what's left of football's dignity before it's too late.


Sincerely,

A Disheartened NFL Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....