Pinterest Verification

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Back to the Grind

Today I start another 10 week semester. Technically 9 weeks since the last week is just for professors to catch up on late submissions and get final grades in. 9 weeks of scattered sleep, research sessions, writing sessions, re-writing sessions, reading until my eyes hurt and posting lots and lots of posting on our discussion boards. I love the online college platform because it's flexible to the random needs of my life. I think if I was going to a traditional school I'd probably lose what's left of my sanity a lot quicker. Plus I'd feel weird being in a lecture hall surrounded by 17-18 year olds when I'm 30 going on 31. Cause you know it only takes one person to find out I'm over 21 and then all of a sudden "Hey can you buy us beer?" Ummm....no not risking fines so you can get wasted it's not happening kiddo. It takes a lot of OCD level organization to keep me on track. Sometime during my sophomore year I started going out and getting these giant wall calendars to keep everything organized. This is what my current semester looks like.....

(Pretty accurate visual for what goes on in my head....even the black scribbles...think those would be urggghhh in my head)

But what about doctor appointments and other things you say....that's what the calendar on my phone is for. Not going to clog this calendar up with non-school stuff. This semester I only have 7 papers to do, which is less than last semester, they're all 3-6 pages except my final that's 6-10 pages. Well every semester I find some way to streamline my life. Last semester I started working ahead on a bunch of papers and I had 5 of my last 10 done weeks in advance. Gives me more time to stress over the bigger projects. Don't worry I won't disappear and let cobwebs start forming on this blog. I might not get on here everyday but at least every other day. Time for me to see what I can work on ASAP.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....