Pinterest Verification

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Part Time Suburban Life

When I was in my late teens/early twenties I was one of those people that thought "I'm never moving out of the city!" Now that I'm 30 going on 31 "It's time to move to the suburbs!"

When you're younger you don't always look at the world around you. All you see are the good things and you dismiss the bad because that's city life. But there are some things that shouldn't be part of city life. It just seems like people have no respect for other people's space. I know, I know, I have issues with strangers and my space. But it's true! I come home tired from running errands, or worn out from doctor visits, and I can't even walk up the steps without telling someone they need to get their rusty behind off my steps.

I'm relaxing in the house trying to watch TV and someone's blaring their stereo. If they had any taste in music it probably wouldn't bother me so much. Or if you happen to hear gun shots you drop to the floor and call 911. But not in the 'burbs. Wake up to birds chirping, fall asleep to crickets. It's calm and peaceful. And if you hear gunshots it's from the gun club not a drive-by. There's space and peace and quiet so you can hear yourself think. I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't want to live in the city, I'd rather visit. And I'm fine with that, because we all know how much I love having space.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....