Pinterest Verification

Monday, August 6, 2012

Morning Dialogue

Every morning I have the same argument with myself. Some days it's a quick fight.

Brain: Get up
Body: No
Brain: Get up!
Body: Okay..

But on those days when I feel like punching someone in the throat for breathing near me, the fight sounds something like this:

Brain: Time to get up and get moving.
Body: No.
Brain: C'mon get up.
Body: Did I stutter? No!
Brain: Can't get better if you don't get up.
Body: Bitch leave me alone!
Brain: Get up get up get up!!
Body: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! SHUT UUPPPP!
Brain: Not until you get up :-P
Body: Fine! Ughh I hate you.

They always ask on a scale of 1-10 how I feel. This is what it sounds like in my head when I'm an 8 or 9. Now you see why it takes me a while to get up. Most mornings I'm fighting to find the strength to sit up, let alone get up and move. Recovery is a long road and the journey is a pain in the ass. But at some point this torture will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need to be a blogger to show me some love....